Here are the latest batch of Exquisite Corpse drawings from Year 12.
- The Surrealists were interested in chance.
- The Surrealists were fascinated by dreams and the unconscious mind - they consulted dream dictionaries which had become popular in the early decades of the 20th century. This was related to Freud’s research about the language of dreams.
- Surrealism isn’t a style of art, it’s a way of life.
- “Everything tends to make us believe that there exists a certain point of the mind at which life and death, the real and the imagined, the past and the future, the communicable and the incommunicable, high and low, cease to be perceived as contradictions.” André Breton.
- Surrealism began as a literary phenomenon.
- Surrealism originated from Dadaism whose were artists disgusted by the culture that brought about WW1.